Monday, October 08, 2007

So I thought to myself, what would be an entertaining way to shoot the LA Zoo? I decided on doing a glamour series based on the good friends I met at the zoo. Here they are, first my dear friend the Ibis allowed me to hang over the bars and shoot through the fence while precariously focusing using the screen on the back. Digicammers of the world, there are things that just can't be done with an SLR due to size, weight, location, contortion, etc.

Next contestant was a Lion who decided to give me a little show of teeth at just the right time with some strong but effectively angled late afternoon sun.

The Giraffe that wasn't trying to strip the leaves off the branches overshead posed nicely for me as well.

Lastly, another stretch that might have been served better by a 6 pound camera/lens combination however since my digicam weighs only about 12oz with batteries, shoots handheld without IS/VR at about 3 stops below recommended shutter speed and fits in my coat pocket, I used what I had...and for the most part I was happy with the shooting.

Well, more photos to follow but this pretty much covers the highlights of our zoo animals, it was warm and the animals were not out and about. I also tried resizing these in the Picasa Blogger plugin so I hope they actually look okay online. Cheers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: