Saturday, February 02, 2008

I must say that if it weren't for Zack and Brian and the folks that gave me the GREAT orange ear plugs, the evening would not have been possible. Courtesy of Zack and Brian I had GREAT access to angles around the stage shot all night with my 5d and no flash (which made for some wild shots when the lighting got more difficult). Backstage was GREAT with the band members and great company and conversations with everyone. The people at the event were polite and pleasant throughout the evening. I can't say enough about how well the event was run, security was handled and sound controlled. Granted, the volume was way louder than ANYTHING I normally listen to but that's why the ear plugs were PRICELESS! So I've been thinking about some of the things I learned.

1. AIDS in Africa is devastating the nation and they need our help.
2. World Vision is doing something about it, support them.
3. Everyone can pull together toward a common goal.
4. The Vineyard has their act together in so many ways.
5. People worship differently in different places but love the same GOD.
6. People listen to different music but serve the SAME GOD.
7. GOD is great and worthy to be praised, in many different ways, not just mine.
8. God blessed us with our senses to bless others, take care of them.
8a. THANKS FOR EARPLUGS!
9. I look forward to serving as photographer for more events at the Vineyard if I have the chance.
10. God is good, all the time. Even when we can't and don't understand. Serve Him.

Grace be with you!

No comments: